10th Battalion, Virginia Heavy Artillery (Allen's) (Confederate)

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
Line 23: Line 23:
 
Company D  
 
Company D  
  
:Originally called the Brandon Light Artillery.
+
:Originally called the [[Virginia's_Brandon_Light_Artillery|Brandon Light Artillery]].
  
 
Company E  
 
Company E  

Revision as of 18:27, 30 October 2010

Brief History

AKA Allen's Battalion Organized April 14, 1862 at Richmond, Virginia with five companies. Surrendered at Appomattox Court House on April 9, 1865 with 103 officers and men. The unit served in the Department of Richmond until 1865 when it was transferred as infantry to the Army of Northern Virginia. It was involved in the Richmond defenses at Brook's Turnpike and at Drewry's Bluff. Majors William Allen and James 0. Hensley were in command.

Companies

Field and Staff

Roster

Company A

Roster

Company B

Roster

Company C

Roster

Company D

Originally called the Brandon Light Artillery.

Company E

Roster

Source Materials