11th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 11th Regiment was formed in February 1777. The 11th Regiment was also known as Morgan's Rifles. Companies recruited men from Loudoun, Frederick, Prince William, andAmelia counties. Field officers were Colonel Daniel Morgan, Lt. Colonel John Cropper, Major Thomas Snead, and Major Thomas Massie.
- Company - Captain William Blackwell
- Company - Captain Peter B. Bruin
- Company - Captain Charles Gallchue
- Company - Captain Gabriel Long
- Company - Captain Charles Porterfield
- Company - Captain William Smith
- Company - Captain George Rice
- Company - Captain Porter Fields
- Company - Captain William Brady
- The information above is from 11th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-8
- ↑ "11th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va11.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News