128th Regiment, Indiana InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Organized at Michigan City, Indiana, December 15, 1863, to March 7, 1864. At surrender of Johnston and his army. Duty at Goldsboro and Raleigh till April, 1866. Mustered out April 10, 1866.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 13 Dec 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Brief history of the 128th Regiments, Indiana Infantry.
- Wikipedia (accessed 13 Dec 2010) article on the 128th Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- Company "D", 128th Infantry (accessed 31 Dec 2010) was principally made up from St Joseph counties. On page 727 on this book, give person from St. Joseph Country only. Howard, Timothy Edward, A History of St. Joseph County, Indiana (Chicago, Illinois : Lewis Publishing Company, 1907 ) FHL US/CAN Book 977.289 H2h v.2 pt .2 FHL 1550208 Other libraries with this book
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback