132nd Regiment, Pennsylvania InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This regiment was organized at Harrisburg August, 1862.It mustered out May 24, 1863.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 132nd Regiment Infantry, (accessed 2 November 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Pennsylvania in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Pennsylvania in the Civil War describes many sources, specifically for Pennsylvania, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Wilcox, Vincent M. Address : delivered at the first reunion of the regiment on the 26th anniversary of the Battle of Antietam at Danville, Pennsylvania, September 17th, 1888. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992) FHL Fiche 6084092
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More