14th Independent Battery, Ohio Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 14th Independent Battery, Ohio Light Artillery mustered in September 10, 1861 at Cleveland, Ohio. They were mustered out August 11, 1865. 
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- Larry Stevens' Ohio in the Civil War, 14th Ohio Independent Battery
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
County listing from Steve Ward's Buckeyes All Part I Revised. 14th Ohio Independent BatteryWeb Publishing Copyright © 2012
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Ohio in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Ohio in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Ohio, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback