151st Regiment, Indiana InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Organized at Indianapolis, Indiana, and mustered in March 3, 1865. Mustered out September 19, 1865 at Nashville, Tennessee.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Company A - many men from La Porte County - see Roster on page 578
- Company B - many men from Porter and Lake Counties - see Roster on page 579
- Company C - many men from Miami County - see Roster on page 581
- Company D - many men from Miami County - see Roster on page 582
- Company E - many men from Lake County - see Roster on page 584
- Company F- many men from Cass County - see Roster on page 585
- Company G - many men from White County - see Roster on page 586
- Company H - many men from Knox County - see Roster on page 588
- Company I - many men from Marshall County - see Roster on page 589
- Company K - many men from La Porte and St. Joseph Counties - see Roster on page 591
- Unassigned Recuits - see Roster on page
The list of companies with their counties and their rosters are on the 151th Regimen, Indiana Infantry on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 29 Jan 2011)
- Companies A, and D - many men from Puliaski County 
- Companies A, E, and K - many men from La Porte County 
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 13 Dec 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Website with histories of the Indiana Regiments.
- List of Indiana Civil War regiment (accessed 13 Dec 2010) List of Indiana Regimental that are on Wikipedia.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- ↑ National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).
- ↑ "Fall of Sumter" Chapter 2 in Arthur, Carrie, Edna Bierrum, and Berniece Drybread. 1973.Index to counties of White and Pulaski, Indiana. Historical and biographical. (Winamac, Indiana: The Pulaski County Genealogical Society.),(page 486-504, Regiment, Company),977.29 H2w FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other librariesINTERNET ARCHIVE
- ↑ "Military Record" Chapter 25 in Packard, Jasper. 1976. History of LaPorte County, Indiana, and its townships, towns and cities. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic.),(page 377-380; Regiment,Companies, Name's)977.291 H2p FHL US/CAN Book&nbsp; FHL Collection&nbsp; other libraries;Family History Archives
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback