16th Regiment, Virginia Cavalry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:06, 2 January 2011 by Randlepandle
- Formed at Camp Zirkle, near Salem, Virginia, in January 1863, by consolidating six companies of Ferguson's Battalion with four companies of Caldwell's Battalion.
- The unit was assigned to Jenkins' and McCausland's Brigade and fought in western Virginia, including the conflict at Droop Mountain.
- Later it saw action at Gettysburg, returned to western Virginia, then participated in various engagements in the Shenandoah Valley.
- This regiment had 265 men in action at Gettysburg, and during February 1864, there were 163 present for duty.
- It disbanded in April 1865.
- Field officers: Colonel Milton J. Ferguson, Lieutenant Colonel William L. Graham, and Major James H. Hounnan.
- Field and Staff
- Company A
- Company B
- Company C
- Company D
- Company E
- Company F
- Company G
- Company H
- Company I
- Company K
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News