3rd Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 3rd Regiment was formed in February 1776 at Alexandria and Dumfries. Companies recruited men from Prince William, Fauquier, Stafford, Louisa, Fairfax, King George, Loudoun and Culpeper Counties. Field officers were Colonel William Heth, Lt. Colonel Charles Flemming, and Major Charles West.
- Company - Captain David Arell
- Company - Captain Valentine Peyton
- Company - Captain John Blackwell
- Company - Captain Philip R.F. Lee
- Company - Captain John Peyton
- Company - Captain Robert Powell
- Company - Captain Reubin Briscoe
- Company - Captain John Mercer
- The information above is from 3rd Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-8
- Cecere, Michael. They Behaved Like Soldiers: Captain John Chilton and the Third Virginia Regiment, 1775-1778. Westminster, Md.: Heritage Books, 2004.
- ↑ "3rd Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va3.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News