4th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 4th Regiment was formed in February 1776 at Suffolk Courthouse. Companies recruited men from Berkeley, Charlotte, Prince Edward, Sussex, Southampton, Nansemond, Brunswick, Isle of Wight, Surry, Princess Anne, and Norfolk Boro Counties. Field officers were Colonel Isaac Read, Lt. Colonel Thomas Gaskins, Lt. Colonel William Taliaferro, Major Isaac Beall, and Major John Brent.
- Company - Captain John Stith
- Company - Captain Jason Reddick
- Company - Captain James Lucas
- Company - Captain William Cherry
- Company - Captain John Holcombe
- Company - Captain Thomas Ridley
- Company - Captain Arthur Smith
- Company - Captain George Walls
- Company - Captain John Grogan
- Company - Captain Jonathan Clark
- The information above is from 4th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-10
- ↑ "4th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va4.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More