5th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery (Simonson's)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Organized at Indianapolis, Indiana, and mustered in November 22, 1861.Mustered out November 26, 1864.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Five Battery - no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 709 -712
The Battery with their counties and their rosters are on the 5th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery (Simonson's), on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 05 Feb 2011 2011)
- Five Battery - many men from La Port County
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 13 Dec 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Breif history of the 5th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery (Simonson's).
- Wikipedia (accessed 13 Dec 2010) article on the 5th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery (Simonson's)
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- ↑ The Civil War Archive, information is from A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, by Frederick H. Dyer, histories, diaries, etc., (accessed 6 December 2010).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News