5th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 5th Regiment was formed in February 1776 at Richmond County Courthouse. Companies recruited men from Lancaster, Richmond, Northumberland, Spotsylvania, Westmoreland, Chesterfield, Henrico, Hanover, Bedford and Loudoun counties. Staff officers were Colonel Josiah Parker, Lt. Colonel Abraham Buford, Major Thomas Gaskins, and Major David Stephenson.
- Company - Captain Henry Fauntleroy
- Company - Captain William Fowler
- Company - Captain William Mosby
- Company - Captain Andrew Russell
- Company - Captain Samuel Colston
- Company - Captain Gross Scruggs
- Company - Captain Ralph Falkner
- Company - Captain John Anderson
- The information above is from 5th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-8
- ↑ "5th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va5.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News