6th Regiment, Connecticut InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Mustered in September 12, 1861.
- Mustered out August 21, 1865.
- Organized at New Haven.
- Regimental History - The old Sixth regiment, its war record, 1861-5 by Charles K Cadwell New Haven: Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor, printers, 1875 - Online Book
The regiment was composed of men from all over Connecticut.
Letters Home from the Civil War - The Civil War Archive
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online
- Connecticut Civil War Grave Sites - 6th Connecticut Infantry - Interment.net Cemetery Records online
- 6th Connecticut Regiment Graves - Roster by Name and Company Roster
- The Stamford Historical Society, Inc. - History and Roster
Also see Connecticut in the Civil War.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More