6th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 6th Regiment was formed in February 1776 at Williamsburg. Companies recruited men from Pittsylvania, Amherst, Buckingham, Charles City, Lunenburg, New Kent, Mecklenburg, Dinwiddie, Prince George, and Spotsylvania Counties. Field officers at Valley Forge were Colonel John Gibson, Lt. Colonel Charles Simms and Major Samuel Hopkins.
- Company - Captain Richard Anderson
- Company - Captain Nathaniel Fox
- Company - Captain Nicholas Hobson
- Company - Captain Peter Garland of Albemarle County
- Company - Captain John Hockaday
- Company - Captain Samuel Hopkins
- Company - Captain Thomas Massie
- Company - Captain Alexander Rose
- Company - Captain William H. Avery
- Company - Captain Peter Dunn
- The information above is from 6th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-10
- Captain William Simms of Albemarle County
- ↑ "6th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va6.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
- ↑ Peter Garland, Captain, 6th Virginia, came from Albemarle County. See Edgar Woods, Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It (Charlottesville, Va.: The Michie Company Printers, 1901), 367.
- ↑ Edgar Woods, Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It (Charlottesville, Va.: The Michie Company Printers, 1901), 367-368.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More