7th Regiment, Pennsylvania Cavalry (80th Volunteers)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This regiment was organized at Harrisburg September to December, 1861. It mustered out August 13, 1865. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Field Officers and Staff - See Roster
Company A - Men recruited in Schuylkill County - See Roster
Company B - Men recruited in Lycoming County and Tioga County - SeeRoster
Company C - Men recruited in Bradford County and Tioga County - SeeRoster
Company D - Men recruited in Montour County - See Roster
Company E - Men recruited in Centre County and Clinton County - See Roster
Company F - Men recruited in Philadelphia County and Schuylkill County - SeeRoster
Company G - Men recruited in Chester County, Lycoming County, and Tigoa County - See Roster
Company H - Men recruited in Allegheny County, Chester County, and Montour County - See Roster
Company I - Men recruited in Dauphin County and Lycoming County - SeeRoster
Company K - Men recruited in Cumberland County and Fayette County - See Roster
Company L - Men recruited in Berks County and Northumberland County - See Roster
Company M - Men recruited in Allegheny County - See Roster
Unassigned men - See Roster
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Pennsylvania in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Pennsylvania in the Civil War describes many sources, specifically for Pennsylvania, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- PaRoots gives a history of this unit with accounts of battles and the organization of the Unit. It also lists rosters for the various companies.Gives several additional references.
- Dornblaser, T. F. Sabre Strokes of the Pennsylvania Dragoons, in the War of 1861-1865 Interspersed with Personal Reminiscences. Philadelphia: Lutheran publication Society, 1968. FHL Fiche 6083932. InternetArchive. Other Libraries.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News