93rd Regiment, Indiana InfantryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Organized at Madison, Indianapolis and New Albany, Indiana, August 16 to October 31, 1862. At Selma and Gainesville till August. Mustered out at Gainesville, Alabama, August 10, 1865.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Company A - many men from Bartholomew County - see Roster on page 501
- Company B - many men from Carroll and Scott County - see Roster on page 502
- Company C - many men from Switzerland and Bartholomew County - see Roster on page 504
- Company D - many men from Switzerland and Decatur County - see Roster on page 505
- Company E - many men from Bartholomew County - see Roster on page 507
- Company F- many men from Lawence and Monroe Country - see Roster on page 509
- Company G - many men from Orange and Perry County - see Roster on page 511
- Company H - many men from Orange County - see Roster on page 512
- Company I - many men from Jennings County - see Roster on page 514
- Company K - many men from Floyd County - see Roster on page 515
- Unassigned Recuits - see Roster on page 517
The list of companies with their counties and their rosters are on the 93rd Regimen, Indiana Infantry on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 21 Jan 2011)
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 13 Dec 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Brief history of the 93rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Wikipedia (accessed 13 Dec 2010) article on the 93rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback