9th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 9th Regiment was formed in February and March of 1776 on the Eastern Shore. Companies recruited men from Accomack, Northampton, Goochland, Albemarle and Augusta counties. Field officers were Colonel George Mathews, Lt. Colonel Burgess Ball, and Major John Fitzgerald.
- Company - Captain Thomas Panamore
- Company - Captain Nathaniel Morris
- Company - Captain Andrew Moore
- Company - Captain William Henderson
- Company - Captain Samuel Woodson
- Company - Captain Thomas Walker
- Company - Captain George Gilchrist
- Company - Captain John Paulson
- Company - Captain Smith Snead
- Company - Captain John Hays
- The information above is from 9th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-8
- ↑ "9th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va9.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More