9th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The 9th Regiment was formed in February and March of 1776 on the Eastern Shore. Companies recruited men from Accomack, Northampton, Goochland, Albemarle and Augusta counties. Field officers were Colonel George Mathews, Lt. Colonel Burgess Ball, and Major John Fitzgerald.
- Company - Captain Thomas Panamore
- Company - Captain Nathaniel Morris
- Company - Captain Andrew Moore
- Company - Captain William Henderson
- Company - Captain Samuel Woodson
- Company - Captain Thomas Walker
- Company - Captain George Gilchrist
- Company - Captain John Paulson
- Company - Captain Smith Snead
- Company - Captain John Hays
- The information above is from 9th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-8
- Second Lieutenant: Hudson Martin of Albemarle County
- ↑ "9th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va9.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
- ↑ Edgar Woods, Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It (Charlottesville, Va.: The Michie Company Printers, 1901), 265.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News