Abingdon Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Abingdon Parish serves Gloucester County, Virginia.
- abt 1653
The tombs in existence at Abingdon Parish Church in 1894 are identified in:
- Tyler, Lyon G. "Inscriptions on Old Tombs in Gloucester Co., Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 2, No. 4 (Apr. 1894):219-229. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
A few hundred of the graves at the parish church cemetery are described at Find A Grave.
Abingdon Parish landowners and land usage from 1639 to 1659 are identified in:
- Thornton, James R. "The Hills, Gloucester County Home of the Immigrant William Thornton," The Magazine of Virginia Genealogy, Vol. 39, No. 1 (Feb. 2001):5-29. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- Sinclair, Carolina Baytop. Abingdon Church: A Chronology of its History, 1650-1970. Gloucester County, Virginia. White Marsh, Va.: Abingdon Episcopal Church, 1972. FHL Book 975.5 A1 no. 48
- Robins, Robert W. The Register of Abingdon Parish, Gloucester County, Virginia, 1677-1780. Arlington, Va.: Honford House, 1981. Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 80-85448
- Abingdon Church, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).