About FamilySearch Indexing: Swedish Church Records up to 1860Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Sweden►
Characteristics of This Project
- Some old records, difficult to read
- One image per batch
- Up to 50 records per image
- Several different formats
- Up to 19 fields to index for each record
- No highlights
Intermediate This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Description of the Records
- The Sweden, church records were handwritten and may be difficult to read.
- This project has three main types of records: Births and Baptisms, Banns and Marriages, and Deaths and *Burials.
- It will require careful scrutiny of the records to determine the type because there are many different formats. There are paragraph formats and table formats.
- Columns, when they exist, do not always have headings to define the contents.
- The order of information for the fields to be indexed varies from record to record.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News