Adams County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about an eastern Indiana county. For other uses, see Adams.
|Adams County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 7, 1835|
|Address|| Adams County Courthouse|
112 S 2nd Street
Decatur, IN 46733
Adams County Website
- The Allen County Public Library's Genealogy Center has numerous transcriptions of Adams County cemeteries on its website.
- The Indiana Genealogical Society has many transcriptions of Adams County cemeteries available for free on its website.
- Adams County Cemeteries by Township - usgenweb
- Adams County, Indiana: Cemeteries - Linkpendium
- Index of 1840 Census for Adams County, Indiana (Free, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index of 1850 Census for Adams County, Indiana (Free, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Mortality Schedule for Adams County, Indiana (1860) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Adams County, Indiana (1880) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
For tips on accessing Adams County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Old Courthouse Records - INGenWeb
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
- History for Adams County Linkpendium
- Tyndall, John W., and O. E. Lesh. 1975. Standard history of Adams and Wells counties, Indiana: an authentic narrative of the past, with an extended survey of modern developments in the progress of town and country. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic, Inc.) 977.27 H2t FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library Template:FSbool
- Snow, J. F. 1907. Snow's history of Adams County, Indiana. (Indianapolis, Ind: B.F. Bowen.) FHL US/CAN Film 1000528 Item 5 FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
Land and Property
- Maps and Gazetteers Linkpendium
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Civil War can be searched by soldier's name (accessed 1 May 2011)
- List of Pensioners on the Roll January 1, 1883 Adams County, Indiana (Source: Internet Archive)
- Adams Co IN Ancestral Heroes (Military War Heroes) (Source: A:AncestralHeroes.com)
-Civil War service men from Adams County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Adams County.
- 6th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company B
- 8th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company C; INGenWeb
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company C
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company G
- 30th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company D
- 47th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 57th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company D
- 89th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies H, I, and K
- 139th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company I
- 147th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 153rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
World War I (The Great War), 1914-1918
World War II, 1941-1945
- Adams County, Indiana World War II Casualties, Army and Army Air Corps - AccessGenealogy
Naturalization and Citizenship
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and court records. 
Family History Centers
- Graduates of Common Schools in Adams County, Indiana (1912) (Free, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- School Enumeration of Union Township, Adams County, Indiana (1853) (Members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Eighth Grade Commencement, 1938
- School Records and Histories Linkpendium
- 1882-1920 Index to Birth Records Adams County usgenweb
- 1802-1892 Indiana Marriages Ancestry.com $
- 1780-1992 Indiana Marriages FamilySearch
- 1811-1959 Indiana Marriages FamilySearch
- 1870-2000 Index to Death Record Adams County INGenWeb
- 1882-1920 Indiana Death Index Transcription of WPA Death Index, 1882-1920
- 1882-1920 Indiana, Death Index FamilySearch
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Adams County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Adams County, Indiana History, Records, Facts and Genealogy - N2genealogy
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Adams, Indiana 211 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback