Adams County, Iowa GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a southwestern Iowa county. For other uses, see Adams.
|This Iowa-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Adams County Courthouse
500 9th St.
Corning, IA 50841
February 1, 1888 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
Lists of the cemeteries in Adams County can be found at IaGenWeb Adams County Cemeteries
Transcriptions of these cemeteries can be found at:
Iowa recorded not only the federal census but state census through out the years too. The state census contains very valuable genealogical information. Where the census information can be found, what years it was taken, mortality schedules, census substitutions and much more is discussed in the very informative Iowa Census article.
David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- Adams County Newspaper Archives (1890-2000)
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News