Adams County, MississippiEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:24, 13 November 2010 by WHITTAKERKR
- This article is about a southwestern Mississippi county. For other uses, see Adams.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1799--Adams County was created 2 April 1799 from the Natchez District . County seat: Natchez 
- Civil War service men from Adams County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Adams County.
- - 10th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (New)
- Company B - Natchez Southrons [also listed as Co. C]
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).