Addison, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The town of Addison was given permission to incorporate by the General Court of Massachusetts on February 14, 1797. The settlers chose the name in honor of the British writer Joseph Addison. Shipbuilding and quarrying were the major industries. There were 83 vessels built between 1800 and 1900 and four major granite quarries in operation.
Libraries and Historical Societies
- This page was last modified on 17 December 2015, at 05:26.
- This page has been accessed 895 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News