African American Online Genealogy RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States African American Research African American Online Genealogy Records
Online collections of African American records for family history or finding ancestry, including vital records, slavery or freedman's records, slave narratives, and genealogy.
Remember that your African American ancestors are also represented in all the usual records made about the general populace: census, cemeteries, obituaries, military, and so on. This chart shows records that specialize in just African American records, but you should also search all the online records for the states in which they lived.
| African American Online Database |
This is a collection of links to African American Online databases.
| Vital Records Births
African American Biography
Bureau of Refugee
- Freedman Bureau Field Offices 1865-1872 ($)
- United States, Freedmen's Branch Records, 1872-1878 Images only.
- United States, Freedmen's Bureau, Records of the Commissioner,1865-1872 Images Only.
- United States, Freedmen's Bureau, Records of the Assistant Commissioner, 1865-1872 Images only.
- United States, Records of the Superintendent of Education and of the Division of Education, 1864-1879 - Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands. Images only.
- U.S., Freedmen Bureau Records of Field Offices, 1863-1878, index/images ($)
- FamilySearch African American Genealogy Freedmen's Bureau by state
US Federal 1790-1940
Newspapers African American Newspapers
- United States Colored Troops in the Civil War
- Civil War Service Records of Union Colored Troops, 1863-1865
- United States Records of Confederate Prisoners of War, 1861-1865
- U.S., Colored Troops Military Service Records, 1863-1865 index/images, ($)
- U.S., Descriptive Lists of Colored Volunteer Army Soldiers, 1864, index/images ($)
- U.S., Register of Colored Troop Deaths During the Civil War, 1861-1865, index/images.
Slave Trade Country-Wide
Southern Claims Commission
This page was last modified on 1 September 2015, at 14:32.
This page has been accessed 19,867 times.