Aker, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Aker parish registers are found in Vestre Aker at the Family History Library. They contain parish registers from Vestre Aker parish with Sørkedal chapel, which was united with Aker and Akershus Palace parishes until 1823 and with the Hospital parish 1823-1861. The combined Aker clerical district was divided in 1861 to create Vestre Aker and Østre Aker clerical districts. Included Ullern until 1906 and Grefsen and Ris until 1937. See Garnison parish in Oslo city for the Slottsmenigheten (Palace) parish records after 1823.
Digitized images of the Aker church books are online at Digitalarkivet. Aker: 1656-1688, 1714-1720, 1723-1864
A confirmations database is availabe for Aker: 1749-1805
History of the parish
Aker parish included Aker and Bymarka. Bymarka was the area north and west of the city between Aker river to the east and Frogner river to the west. Aker, then was the part on the east side of the Aker river. It also included Akerhus Slotts parish as an annex until 1823. At that same time the Oslo (Oslo Hospital parish later Gamlebyen) was combined with Aker. The part of Aker that was east of Strømsveien, the island in the fjord and the earlier Oslo parish should still use Oslo (Oslo Hospital) as their parish church.