Alamosa County, ColoradoEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Alamosa County Courthouse
402 Edison Ave; PO Box 178
Alamosa, CO 81101-2560
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1913:
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court records
- Before 1861 this modern Colorado county was in New Mexico Territory. Check for possible pre-1861 records in New Mexico. For further explanation see Taos County, Colorado.
- 8 March 1913: Alamosa County was created from Costilla and Conejos Counties. County seat: Alamosa 
Places / Localities
Early Alamosa County Deaths (from the Alamosa City Cemetery Sexton records).
- Alamosa Cemetery, Alamosa BillionGraves, photos and transcriptions of headstones.
For tips on accessing Alamosa County, Colorado census records online, see: Colorado Census.
Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Military History and Records
Early Alamosa County marriages extracted from marriage certificate record book 7 1914-1922.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Alamosa/Southern Peaks Public Library
423 4th St
Alamosa, CO 81101
Phone: (719) 589-6592
Family History Centers
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Family History CenterAlamosa Colorado
300 Richardson Ave
Alamosa, Alamosa, Colorado, United States
This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
Contact Center for open hours as they vary.
- Alamosa County COGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Alamosa County, Colorado Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More