From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Revision as of 17:23, 2 January 2011
Aldersgate Street Chapel, or otherwise known as Bishop's Chapel was the residence of the Bishop of London's Chapel with his chambers at London House next door. It was built from the eighteenth century because and was used because it was a more convenient place for the Bishop to conduct his affairs being closer to St Paul's Cathedral than his official residence at Fulham Palace.
The Bishop of London originally had responsibility for the church in the British colonies in North America, although after the American Revolution of 1776 all that remained under his jurisdiction were the British West India Islands.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News