Allagash, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Allagash Plantation was created from Township 16 R10 WELS, Township 16 Rll WELS, Township 17 RIO WELS, and Township 17 Rll WELS in 1885. The plantation status was repealed in 1933. The town of Allagash was incorporated in 1966  or 1978.
- Bits and pieces of Allagash history (Madawaska, Me. : Allagash Historical Society, 1976). At various libraries (WorldCat).
- Faye O'Leary Hafford, Waterway wanderings : story of the people in the Allagash Wilderness Waterway ([Madawaska, Me. : Valley Publishing Company, 1987?]). At various libraries (WorldCat).
- Edith Kelley, Early settlement of Allagash ([Allagash, Me.? : E. Kelley], c2004). At various libraries (WorldCat).
- Edith Kelley, Allagash roots ([Allagash, Me.? : E. Kelley, 2004?]).At various libraries (WorldCat).
Libraries and Historical Societies
- ↑ Allagash, Aroostook County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 16 September 2013).
- ↑ "Allagash -- Incorporated as a town from Allagash Plantation. 01/31/1966 to 00/00/2000" search in the "Maine Towns Legal Histories dates of incorporation, name and boundaries changes" section of Maine Archive Interactive (accessed 16 September 2013).
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 127. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL book 974 D27g 2012
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News