Allegan County, Michigan GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Michigan-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Allegan County Courthouse
113 Chestnut St.
Allegan, MI 49010-1362
Phone: (616) 673-0450
- Cities: Allegan . Douglas . Fennville . Holland . Otsego . Plainwell . Saugatuck . South Haven . Wayland
- Villages: Hopkins . Martin
- Townships: Allegan . Casco . Cheshire . Clyde . Dorr . Fillmore . Ganges . Gun Plain . Heath . Hopkins . Laketown . Lee . Leighton . Manlius . Martin . Monterey . Otsego . Overisel . Salem . Saugatuck . Trowbridge . Valley . Watson . Wayland
- Communities: Bradley . Bravo . Burnips . Cheshire, Chicora . Dorr . Dunningville . East Saugatuck . Fillmore . Ganges . Glenn . Graafschap . Hamilton . Hilliards . Macatawa . Moline . Monterey . New Richmond . Overisel . Pearl . Pullman . Shelbyville . Watson
Civil War service men from Allegan County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Allegan County.
- - 17th Regiment, Michigan Infantry, Company E
Southwest Michigan Obituary Index from the earliest date to 2000.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
- The Allegan County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News