Allen Parish, Louisiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Allen Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||June 12, 1912|
Allen Parish is named for former Confederate States Army general and Governor of Louisiana Henry Watkins Allen. It was separated in 1912 from the larger Calcasieu Parish to the southwest.
For more information:
Places / Localities
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- Allen Parish Cemeteries at La-Cemeteries
- Allen Parish Cemeteries - FindaGrave.com
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- Tombsone Transcription Project - Allen Parish
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- Louisiana Military History Online
- Allen Parish, Louisiana World War II Casualties Army and Air Force
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
- Allen Parish Tourist Commission
- Allen Parish Genealogy
- US GenWeb - Allen Parish
- Allen Parish on Facebook
- Allen Parish on Louisiana.gov
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects Genealogy Research in Allen Parish, Louisiana]
- Louisiana Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project *Family History Library Catalog
- Allen Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More