Altoona Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Location & Map:
Address 778 Lower Brush Mountain Rd. HOLLIDAYSBURG, PA 16648
- (This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.)
- Enter parking lot and use side door of building. Look for sign.
- Please ring door bell to gain access during center's operating hours.
- Location on Map
- Monday 9am-1pm
- Wednesday 9am-4pm and 6:30pm-8pm
- Saturday 9am-1pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed Easter Weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July Weekend, Labor Day Weekend and From Thanksgiving till the New Year. Also Closed on the 1st Saturday in April and October.
In case of bad weather, the Center is closed if the Schools are closed. If in doubt, please call before.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Altoona FHC has hundreds of microfilms in our inventory. We also have an Index to the George H Liebegott Collection that is housed in the Martinsburg Library. We also have several family histories in book form as well as on film and fiche. As well as Henshaw's Encyclopedia of Quaker Genealogy (all volumes on fiche).
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment We have 4 computers that have access to the internet. We also have microfilm and fiche readers and printer to make copies.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)