Alvanley, Cheshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Alvanley St John the Evangelist was created as chapelry in the ancient parish of Frodsham. In the present church is a wooden board giving the list of curates since 1677 and vicars since 1861
The church was built in 1860 to a design by J. S. Crowther at the expense of Catherine Emma Arden, the youngest daughter of Richard Arden, 1st Baron Alvanley.
The parish is included in the Cheshire Parishes collection on Record Search.
Alvanley is a township-chapelry in Frodsham parish. The church is known as St. John the Evangelist.
Cheshire Record Office call number: P 81/1/1, P 81/2/1-2, P 81/3, P 81/4.
|Baptisms, burials, 1791-1812. Baptisms, 1813-1970. Banns of marriages, 1861-1953.|| FHL BRITISH Film |
2186838 Items 10 - 13
|Burials, 1813-1885.|| FHL BRITISH Film |
2186839 Item 1
Poor Law Unions
- Runcorn (1837–1974)
- Vale Royal (1974–98)
- Cheshire Central (1998–2009)
- Cheshire West (2009+)
Morant, Roland W. (1989), Cheshire Churches, Birkenhead: Countyvise, p. 96, ISBN 0 907768 18 0
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News