American Fork Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The American Fork Family History Center supports the following Stakes: American Fork, American Fork West, American Fork Central and Hillcrest. Vistors are welcome.
Please sign in at the computer at the front desk when arriving. At the end of your visit we ask that you please sign out also. We are tracking the number of temple ordinances prepared on this same computer. Family History Consultants can help you with this process.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 114 East Main, American Fork, UT 84003
- Located in the basement of the Alpine Tabernacle. Use East door entrance.
- Google Map
- Sunday - 4:30 - 7:00 PM (Closed Fast Sunday)
- Monday - 9:00 - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday - 9:00 - 9:00 PM
- Wednesday - 9:00 - 5:00 PM
- Thursday - 9:00 - 5:00 PM
- Friday - 9:00 - 5:00 PM
- Saturday - CLOSED
Holiday Schedule: 2013 Closings
- Tabernacle Cleaning: Thurs, Mar 21
- General Conference: Sat, April 6- Sun, Apr 7
- Mothers Day: Sun, May 12
- Memorial Day: Sun, May 26 - Mon, May 27
- Fathers Day: Sun, Jun 18
- Independence Day; Thurs, Jul 4 - Fri, Jul 5
- Steel Days Week: July ???
- Pioneer Day: Wed, July 24
- Labor Day: Sun, Sep 1 - Mon, Sep 2
- Tabernacle Cleaning: Fri, Oct 4
- General Conference: Sat, Oct 5 - Sun, Oct 6
- Veterans Day: Mon, Nov 11
- Thanksgiving: Wed, Nov 27 - Fri, Nov 29
- Christmas: Mon, Dec 23 - Fri, Dec 28
- News Years 2014: Tues, Dec 31 - Wed, Jan 1
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Thursday, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:00pm here at our Family History Center. Bro. Moon will teach a follow-up class on FamilySearch Family Tree. We will review our last training, Introduction to FamilySearch Family Tree, and then spend time on our computers.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- Windows 7 Desktop Computers (21)
- Lexmark Model: X738de - Laser Printer, Scanner, Copier (Color-copies) (1)
- Lexmark Model: T652dn - Laser Copier (B&W only) (2)
- Cannon Model: CanoScan LIDE 60 - Flatbed scanner (1)
- Konica Minolta Model: MS6000 MKII - Digital Microfilm/Fiche Scanner (1)
- Northwest Microfilm 2020 Readers (5)
- Microfiche Reader (1)
- Overhead Projector (1)
- Portable TV with VHS Recorder (2)
- USB Floppy Disk Drive Unit (3 1/2" Disk) (1)
- Staples Model: SPL-TXC12A - Paper Shredder (including Disc & CC) (1)
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More