Anderson County, Kentucky GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- This article is about a north-central Kentucky county. For other uses, see Anderson.
1859, 1915--Disasters destroyed most records.
Places / Localities
|Alton Station||Fox Creek||Lawrenceburg||Stringtown|
|Ballard||Houchin (hist.)||Pleasant Grove (hist.)|
|Birdie||Jefferies (hist.)||Sidney (hist.)|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
African American Records at Anderson County KYGenWeb Project
- Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Anderson County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Anderson Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Cemeteries of Anderson County at Anderson County KYGenWeb
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Anderson County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Anderson County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Census Directory at Anderson County KYGenWeb
Churches at Anderson County KYGenWeb
Miltary Records at Anderson County KYGenWeb
The Anderson News
1080 Bypass South, Suite 3
Lawrenceburg, KY 40242
Wills at Anderson County KYGenWeb
Anderson County KYGenWeb has the following on line:
Societies and Libraries
- Anderson County KYGenWeb part of the USGenWeb project.
- Family History Library Catalog at FamilySearch
- Anderson County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History at Linkpendium.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News