Andrew County, Missouri GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Andrew County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Andrew County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 29, 1841|
|Address|| Andrew County Courthouse|
P.O. Box 206 411 Court Street
Savannah, MO 64485-0206
Telephone: (816) 324-3624
Andrew County Website
County Clerk has birth and death records 1883-1893;
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce and court
records from 1841, land and military records; Probate
Judge has probate records from 1841
Andrew County, Missouri is located in Northwest Missouri and one of the six Platte Purchasecounties acquired by the United States from the Native Americans in 1836. The area now located in Andrew County was first part of Buchanan County, Missouri. Since it was organized in 1841 it is important to determine when ancestors first arrived in Andrew County. If they were there prior to 1841 it will be necessary to look for their records in Buchanan County. The marjority of the original records filed after 1841 are available at the courthouse which is located in Savannah, Missouri.
1841--Andrew County was created 29 January 1841 from the Platte Purchase. County seat: Savannah 
See an interactive map of Andrew County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Andrew County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Land patents are available online from 1844 to 1969 at the Missouri Secretary of State website
- Available from 1841 to present - original records filed at the Circuit Clerk and Recorder's Office
- Map of Andrew County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Andrew County.
Early migration routes to and from Andrew County, Missouri Genealogy for European settlers included:
- 1840-1875 - Andrew County Marriage Book A Index 1840-1875. Batch M514591 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1850-1883 - Andrew County Marriage Books B and C Index 1850-1883. Batch M514592 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1881-1885 - Andrew County Marriage Book 1 Index 1881-1885. Batch M514593 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1883-1893 - Andrew County Death Index 1883-1893. Batch B514594 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
- Andrew County Museum
202 East Duncan Drive
Savannah, Missouri 64485
- Missouri State Archives has a list of records available online.
- St. Joseph Public Library
927 Felix Street
St. Joseph, Missouri 64501
- Andrew County Historical Society
P. O. Box 12
Savannah, Missouri 64485
- Mid-Continent Library
317 West Highway 24
Independence, Missouri 64050
[moving in 2008 to new facility near Noland Road and Highway 24]
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb Archives - Andrew County
- MOGenWeb - Andrew County
- Kindred Trails - Andrew County
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Andrew County, Missouri. Page 397 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5a/Igimissouria.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More