Andrews County, TexasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
County Clerk Kenda Heckler P.O. Box 727, Andrews, TX 79714 (432) 524-1426 FAX: (432) 524-1464 Andrews County Government Website
1876--Andrews County was created 21 August 1876 from the Bexar Land District. County seat: Andrews 
The county was named for Richard Andrews, who was killed in the Texas Revolution.
County Seat: Andrews
Family Group Sheets
Andrews County Cemetery (also knows as Andrews Old)
Andrews North Cemetery (connected with the Andrews Old Cemetery)
Andrews County Church Listings- Incomplete list
- Andrews County History
- Andrews County History from the Handbook of Texas Online
- Andrews County History, 1876–1978, published in 1978, by the Andrews County Heritage Committee
- Andrews County 1887
- Andrews County 1895
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Andrews County Marriage Records. The marriage records are from 1910-2010.
- Andrews County Birth Records. The birth records are from 1917-1995.
- Andrews County Divorce Records. The divorce records are from 1968-2005.
- Andrews County Death Certificate Project. The death certificates consist of Images and/or Transcriptions from Andrews County and and a few from surrounding counties.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback