Anglesey Nonconformist RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many of the county's nonconformist chapel registers are available:
- in an archive or library
- Published as a booklet, microfiche
- On-line as transcriptions of the original registers on the IGI. (However, many of the birth and christening records on the IGI have had patronymic surnames incorrectly applied by the transcriber).
- On-line as part of a pay to use website
Anglesey Nonconformist Records is a spreadsheet listing a combination of details related to chapels in the pre-1974 county. It can be updated at any time if new information is discovered. This also provides the ability for many people to add or share information that may not be common knowledge especially for researchers outside Wales.
The following source is a significant research tool but a combination of information in spreadsheet form allows additional search options. There are shortcomings of one sort or another related to each of these record listing methods. The intent of the spreadsheet linked above is to provide enhanced information and make updates possible.
Cofrestri Anghydffurfiol (Nonconformist Registers of Wales) is an excellent and indispensible research tool for Welsh nonconformist records. This covers all of Wales but with some data elements covered in the Rawlins book omitted and additional detail presented. Although this book was published in 1994 it too could be supplemented by details of recent record deposits.
- Archives Network Wales
- The Religious Census of 1851 A Calendar of the Returns Relating to Wales, Volume I South Wales
- Nonconformist Registers of Wales
- The Parish Churches and Nonconformist Chapels of Wales - Volume One