Antigua and Barbuda CensusEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Antigua and Barbuda Census
The 1678 Census of Antigua is abstracted in Volume 2 of:
- Oliver, Vere Langford. The History of the Island of Antigua: One of the Leeward Caribbees in the West Indies, from the First Settlement in 1635 to the Present Time. 3 vols. London: Mitchell and Hughes, 1894-1899. FHL Collection 972.974 D2o v. 2; digital version at Internet Archive.
1696 Association Oath Rolls
Not technically a census, the 1696 Association Oath Rolls serve as a census substitute. The original records are found in class C 213 at the National Archives, Kew, England. Gandy published abstracts of oath takers living in British plantations, including Antigua:
- Gandy, Wallace. The Association Oath Rolls of the British Plantations [New York, Virginia, Etc.] A.D. 1696. London: the author, 1922. Digital version at Internet Archive; reprint: FHL Collection 970 F2L 1995. [Antigua entries begin on page 61.]
- ↑ Cliff Webb, "Association Oath Rolls - Background to the Documents," Origins Network.
- This page was last modified on 31 January 2015, at 00:11.
- This page has been accessed 2,534 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News