Arapahoe (KS) County, Colorado GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Arapahoe County, Kansas Territory was created 25 August 1855.
On 7 February 1859, the following daughter counties were created from parts of the old Arapahoe County, Kansas:
- Arapahoe County, Kansas Territroy (parts of modern Washington, Lincoln, Crowley, Otero, Bent counties in Colorado)
- Broderick County, Kansas Territory (approximately modern Pueblo County, CO)
- El Paso County, Kansas Territory (El Paso and Teller counties, CO)
- Fremont County, Kansas Territory (southern Park and Chaffee, Fremont, northern Custer and Saguache counties, CO)
- Montana County, KansasTerritory (southern Boulder, Jefferson, Gilpin, Clear Creek, northern Park counties, CO)
- Oro County, Kansas Territory (approximaely Adams, Arapahoe, and Elbert counties, CO)
When Colorado was organized 28 February 1861 its core included all parts of Arapahoe County. This included parts of modern Adams, Arapahoe, Bent, Boulder, Chaffee, Cheyenne, Clear Creek, Crowley, Custer, Denver, Douglas, El Paso, Elbert, Gilpin, Fremont, Jefferson Kiowa, Kit Carson, Lake, Lincoln, Otero, Park, Pueblo, Saguache, Teller, and Washington counties.
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Arapahoe County, Colorado" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arapahoe_County,_Colorado (accessed 19 June 2012).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News