Ardee Civil Parish, County LouthEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Title: [Ardee], [County Louth]
Trail: Ireland > County Louth, > [Ardee]
The following information is a starting point for records about the civil parish of Ardee. The information is based on locations and records before the Irish Civil War in 1922.
• Brief statement about historical background
• Add relevant Web site link
• Names of townlands
• Names of the surrounding parishes
• Name/description of district, poor law union, etc.
Maps and gazetteers
• Add web site link to maps/gazetteers
• Add printed sources
Irish Genealogists 3(1) (1956): 36-40.
• General statement with link to [1901-1911] Ireland Census Records article
• Statement about using substitutes, such as tax and land, in place of missing national censuses
• Notes about specific censuses for the parish, such as pre-1901 fragments
• Add subheading for census substitutes with related material
o Note that some of the Catholic parish registers of this county have been indexed by Meath Heritage Centre and by the Armagh Ancestry. A search of the index will be conducted by these centers for a fee. Those indexed by Armagh Ancestry are indicated as "Indexed by AA." Microfilm copies of all registers are also available in the National Library of Irleand (NKI), and through the LDS library system.
Parish: Ardee: Diocese: Armagh. Earliest records: birth/born 4.1763; marriage/married 1763; death/died 7.1765
Missing Dates: birth/born 10.1810-4.1821; marriage/married 10.1810-4.1821 ends 2.1826; death/died 10.1810-3.1821, ends 2.1825
Status: Records held by local church; National Library of Ireland (microfilm); Indexed by Armagh Ancestry (birth/marriages to 1900; death 1810-1821)
• Church of Ireland
o Many of the Church of Ireland records were lost in the Public Records Office fire of 1922. These are indicated as 'Lost". However as Church of Ireland records were effectively state records, the records of marriage (from 1845) are also in the General Registrar's Office. Many are still in local custody while others are in one of a variety of other archives, Representative Church Body Library or National Archives of Irreland. Indexing by Amargh Ancestry and/or Mallow Heritage Centre is planned.
Parish Ardee: Earlist records: birth/born 1735-; marriage/married 1744-; death/died 1732- .
Missing records: 1753-1798
Status: Records are held by the local church Representative Church Body Library (microfilm) born/birth 1799-1868; marriages/married 1802-49; death/died 1801-1981
General statement with link to Ireland Civil Registration article
General statement about Registry of Deeds with link to Ireland Land and Property article
General statement and link to the Ireland Probate Records article
• Records available in the FHL
• General statement with link to Ireland Schools article
• Griffiths – standard statement linking to Ireland Land and Property article or Taxation?
• Tithe Applotment – standard statement linking to Ireland Land and Property article or Taxation?
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More