Argentina, Capital Federal, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
! To Add Information
This page is created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems. If you wish to comment, scroll down and on the right-hand side of the screen choose Discussion to post your comment.
Question #1: When searching in Argentina, Capital Federal, Catholic Church Records, 1737-1989, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, I cannot find records for the parish of Iglesia Católica. Inmaculada Concepción de Belgrano. How can I find these records?
Answer #1: You may find the records by searching for Argentina, Capital Federal, Catholic Church Records, 1737-1989 > Ciudad de Buenos Aires > Inmaculada Concepción. The following sets of records contain the records you are searching for:
• Bautismos 1859-1870
• Bautismos 1871-1875
• Bautismos 1875-1878
• Bautismos 1879-1881
• Bautismos 1882-1885
• Bautismos 1885-1886
• Defunciones 1860-1886
• Defunciones 1862-1871
• Defunciones 1872-1878
• Matrimonios 1862-1886
• Matrimonios 1874-1881
• Matrimonios 1883-1886 Question #2: Where are the Baptism (Bautismos) records for 21 March 1904 through 10 July 1904 in the record collection - Argentina, Capital Federal, Catholic Church Records 1737-1989, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Nuestra Señora de Balvanera?
Answer #2: These baptism records were mistakenly omitted from the collection. The records are found on film number 1103932 and can be ordered into a FamilySearch Center near you. To find the nearest FamilySearch Center and for instructions on ordering Microfilm please see: Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche.
Question #3: In Matrimonios for Cuidad de Buenos Aires, Nuestra Señora de Montserrat 1769-1825, image 70 has a marriage record for 1773. On pages 77 – 97 there are confirmation records for various years. Then on image 109 marriage records for the year 1794 begin. Are there images of the marriage records available for the missing years, 1773-1794?
Answer #3: When the original records were microfilmed, the images from confirmation records were inserted where marriage records should have been. The catalog does not contain any other reference to a film that might contain these missing marriage records for the years 1773-1794. These images are unavailable on film and online.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection, please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates, and places.
- If browsing this collection, please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
- For example, write the path this way: Click Argentina, Capital Federal, Catholic Church Records, 1737-1989, then Ciudad de Buenos Aires, then Inmaculada Concepción, then Bautismos 1737-1749, and then Image 19.
- If you are reporting a technical issue, please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP or Internet Explorer.
- Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News