Argentina, Santa Fe, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, How to use Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location.
- Cayastá and Chaco are currently not on line. You can find the microfilms for Cayastá and Chaco by going to the Catalog, doing a Keywords search using “Cayastá”, and selecting “Registros parroquiales : de Santa Rosa de Calchines, Santa Fe, Argentina, 1823-1941”. Films with the prefix 1093xxx .
- Arroyo Seco > Asunción de la Santísima Virgen > Bautismos 1893-1899 (Film 1094272) can be found at the browse path Argentina, Catamarca, Catholic Church Records, 1724-1971 > Catamarca > Catedral Nuestra Señora del Valle > Bautismos 1881-1888.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Emilia > Virgen Niña > Defunciones 1892-1896 actually contains Bautismos 1891-1896. The manuscripts are located in Emilia, but the records are credited to Colonia Angeloni. Possibly due to close geographic and church boundaries, the browse path Emilia > Virgen Niña contains records for Emilia, San Justo, Angeloni, Cayastacito, and San Martin Norte. Refer to the Catalog for specific details.
- Llambí Campbell > Santísima Trinidad > Matrimonios 1917-1922 year span should read as 1917-1921. The marriage records for the year 1922 are not available on microfilm.
- Rosario > Nuestra Señora del Rosario > Índice de matrimonios 1800-1888 contents should read as Indice de Bautismos, Matrimonios y Defunciones 1800-1888.
- Sastre > San José > Matrimonios 1890-1893 year span should read as 1890-1907.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Argentina, Santa Fe, Catholic Church Records, 1634-1975 > Rosario > Santa Rosa de Lima > Bautismos 1888-1889 > image 23 of 312.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Argentina, Santa Fe Province Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Argentina, Santa Fe, Catholic Church Records, 1634-1975 collection at FamilySearch.org.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More