Argentina, Santiago del Estero, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
From FamilySearch Wiki
m (moved Argentina, Santiago del Estero Province Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) to Argentina, Santiago del Estero, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records): edit title)
Revision as of 17:56, 13 January 2014
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Argentina, Santiago del Estero, Catholic Church Records, 1581-1961 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Registros Parroquiales de la Provincia de Santiago del Estero, Argentina
These records are in Spanish. This collection of church records for the period of 1581 to 1961 includes baptisms, confirmations, marriages and deaths for the cities of Loreto, Mailín, Pellegrini, Salavina, Santiago del Estero, Sumampa, Suncho Corral, Villa Atamisqui and Villa La Punta in the province of Santiago del Estero.
The parishes contained in the collection are Nuestra Señora de Loreto, El Señor de los Milagros, Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes, Nuestra Señora del Carmen, Nuestra Señora de la Consolación, San Miguel Arcángel and Inmaculada Concepción.
For a list of localities currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Baptismal records usually include the following information:
- Date of event
- Place of event
- Name of child
- Age of child
- Father’s name
- Father's age and origin
- Mother’s name
- Mother’s age and origin
- Godparents' names and their origin
Confirmation records usually include the following information:
- Name, age and gender
Marriage records usually include the following information:
- Date of event
- Place of event
- Name of groom
- Groom’s nationality, origin, age, occupation and race
- Groom's parents' names
- Name of bride
- Bride’s nationality, origin, age, occupation and race
- Bride’s parents’ names
- Witnesses' name, civil status and residence
Death records usually include the following information:
- Parish place and date of event
- Name of deceased
- Date of death
- Cause of death
- Age of deceased
- Origin of deceased
- Occupation of deceased
- Parents’ names of deceased
- Place of burial
How to Use the Record
To search the collection, you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the “Browse through images" link on the initial collection page
⇒ Select the “City or Town” category
⇒ Select the “Parish” category
⇒ Select the “Record Type and Years” category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
- Argentina’s provinces in the early 21st century
- Santiago del Estero Province in the early 21st century
- Argentina in 1925
- Santiago del Estero Province in 1888
- Argentina’s provinces in 1857
- Argentina’s provinces in 1817
- Southern South America in 1772
- Southern South America in 1736
- Southern South America in 1708
- Southern South America in 1656
- Wikipedia's entry on the history of Santiago del Estero Province
- Spanish wiki entry on history of Santiago del Estero Province
- Una historia de la Provincia de Santiago del Estero
- Un blog llamado "Historia de Santiago del Estero"
- "Argentina and Uruguay," a Google ebook with a section on Santiago del Estero Province, published in 1916
- "Geographía Argentina," a Google ebook with a chapter on Santiago del Estero Province, published in 1905
- "Memoria Descriptiva de la Provincia de Santiago del Estero," a Google ebook, published in 1889
Other Genealogical Resources
- FamilySearch research outline for Argentina
- Argentina genealogy group
- Argentina genealogy forum
- Jewish genealogical research in Argentina
- GenForum for Argentina
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Argentina, Santiago del Estero, Catholic Church Records, 1581-1961
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Argentina, Santiago del Estero, Catholic Church Records, 1581-1961" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News