Argentina, Tierra del Fuego, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Argentina, Tierra del Fuego, Catholic Church Records, 1894-1950 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Registros Parroquiales de la Provincia de Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
These records are in Spanish. This collection of church records for the period of 1894 to 1950 includes baptisms and marriages for the cities of Río Grande and Ushuaia.
The parishes contained in the collection are Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria and Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes.
For a list of localities currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Record ContentBaptismal records usually include the following information:
- Date of event
- Place of event
- Name of child
- Child’s birth date
- Parents' names and residence
- Godparents names and residence
Marriage records usually include the following information:
- Date of event
- Place of event
- Name of groom and bride
- Groom’s age
- Groom's location of baptism
- Groom’s location of confirmation
- Groom's residence
- Groom’s place and date of baptism
- Groom’s parents' names and their origin
- Bride’s age
- Bride's location of baptism
- Bride’s location of confirmation
- Bride’s residence
- Bride’s parents’ names and their origin
- Names of witnesses and their residence
How to Use the Record
To browse this collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the"Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the “City or Town” category
⇒ Select the “Parish” category
⇒ Select the “Record Type and Years” which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
- Argentina’s provinces in the early 21st century
- Tierra del Fuego Province in the early 21st century
- Argentina in 1925
- Tierra del Fuego Province in 1888
- Argentina’s provinces in 1857
- Wikipedia's entry on the history of Tierra del Fuego Province
- Spanish wiki entry on history of Tierra del Fuego Province
- "Argentina and Uruguay," a Google ebook with a section on Tierra del Fuego Province, published in 1916
- "Geographía Argentina," a Google ebook with a chapter on Tierra del Fuego Province, published in 1905
- "Historia de la Patagonia, Tierra de Fuego, é Islas Malvinas," a Google eBook, published in 1841
Other Genealogical Resources
- FamilySearch research outline for Argentina
- Argentina genealogy group
- Argentina genealogy forum
- Jewish genealogical research in Argentina
- GenForum for Argentina
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Argentina, Tierra del Fuego, Catholic Church Records, 1894-1950
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Argentina, Tierra del Fuego, Catholic Church Records, 1894-1950." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News