Arizona For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 12:34, 11 January 2013 by DiltsGD
More detailed information about research and records of Arizona can be found in:
- Beers, Henry Putney. Spanish and Mexican Records of the American Southwest: A Bibliographical Guide to Archive and Manuscript Sources. Tucson: University of Arizona Press, 1979. FHL Book 973 A3bh; WorldCat entry.
- Spiros, Joyce V. Hawley. Genealogical Guide to Arizona and Nevada. Gallup, N.M.: Verlene Publishing, 1983. (FHL Book 979 D23s; Fiche 6049613; WorldCat entry.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. FHL Book 973 D27rb 2004; WorldCat entry; online version. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Barnes, Will C. Arizona Place Names. Tucson, Arizona: The University of Arizona Press, 1988, pp. 26-27 WorldCat 479862
- Dean, Saxton, et al. Dictionary: Tohono O'odham/Pima to English, English to Tohono O'odham/Pima. Tucson, Arizona: The University of Arizona Press, 1983, p. 138
- Garate, Donald T. Arizona (Never Arizonac). Link to online book
- Granger, Byrd Howell. Arizona’s Names: X Marks the Place. Tucson, Arizona: Falconer Pub. Co., 1983, pp. 30-31.
- Thompson, Clay. "A Sorry State of Affairs When Views Change." The Aizona Republic, February 25, 2007, p. B10.