Arlesey, Bedfordshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Arlesey, Bedfordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Biggleswade PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Bedford|
|Location of Archive|
|Bedfordshire Record Office|
ARLSEY, (St. Peter), a parish, in the union and hundred of Biggleswade, county of Bedford, 6 miles (S.) from Biggleswade. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241191.
Arlesey, Bedfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|Arlesey, Bedfordshire Genealogy Parish Online Records|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
- Original parish registers exist at the Bedfordshire County Record Office from 1538 - 1992
- The Society of Genealogists has parish registers from 1538 - 1909
- Wesleyan Methodist
See for instance: 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Bedfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Arlesey on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 69-73. Date accessed: 05 June 2013.
- ↑ 'Bedfordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 April 2014.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Bedfordshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Bedfordshire Coverage,' FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.
- ↑ http://www.edintone.com/nonconformist_denominations/a-virtual-nonconformist-library/
See Arlesey's page on GENUKI.org.uk.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News