Arlington County, Virginia Compiled GenealogiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Has anyone studied my Arlington County, Virginia Genealogy before?
More than a few family history books and articles have been published about Arlington County's families.
- Main article: Arlington County, Virginia
- Arlington County, VA Genealogy Forum, courtesy: GenForum. (0+ messages)
- Arlington - Family History & Genealogy Message Board, courtesy: Ancestry. (0+ messages)
Arlington County, Virginia Surnames (courtesy: Linkpendium) contains links to more than 50 online resources about this county's families, including compiled genealogies.
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Arlington County families include:
- Heinegg, Paul. Free African Americans of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland and Delaware. 2005-present. - free online book. Cole, Ennis, Fletcher, Handless, Lucas, McIntosh, Nichols, Shorter, Thomas, Valentine, Webster families of pre-1820 Arlington County, Virginia.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795592 Item 5 Includes Arlington County and Alexandria families.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More