Arlington Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Arlington Texas Family History Center is easily accessible from Interstate 20:
Take exit 447 for Park Springs Boulevard
Turn North onto Park Springs Blvd
Turn right onto W Pleasant Ridge Rd
Take the 1st left onto Kelly Perkins Rd
Kelly Perkins Rd turns slightly left and becomes Curt Dr
Destination will be on the right
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: 3809 Curt Drive, Arlington, Texas 76016
- The entrance to the Family History Center is on the back side of the building.
- Location on Map
Wednesday: 10:00 - 2:00pm & 6:00 - 9:00pm
Thursday: 10:00 - 2:00pm
Saturday: 9:00 -1:00pm
The center will be CLOSED on the following dates:
- February 28 to March 2, 2013
- March 30
- April 6
- May 25
- June 26 to 29
- July 4
- August 31
- October 5
- November 2
- November 27 to 29
- December 4 to 7
- December 25 to January 1, 2014
We apologize for any inconvience this may cause.
Calendar and Events
Annual Family History FAIR
- 1 March 2013; fireside
- 2 March 2013; all day Family History Fair
- Legacy Class: second Saturday of each month; 2 PM
Staff Training Meetings
7 PM at Family History Center
- April 28, 2013
- July 28, 2013
- October 27, 2013
- Family History Library Catalog: Any of the films and fiche ordered through the Family History Library Catalog may be read in this center.
- Over 100 books, atlases, research guides for various locations, published genealogies, back-issues of genealogical magazines.
- Microfiche: indexes of vital records, genealogical atlases, familiy histories, etc.
- A drawer devoted to microfiche of Scotish records such as:
- Indexes to christenings, marriages & burials
- Index to 1881 Census
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to third party premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Family Insight: has the capability to interact with New.FamilySearch to pull information from or put information into PAF.
- Get My Ancestors: allows downloads from New.FamilySearch to your database
Hardware and Equipment
- computers with Internet access for genealogy research
- microfilm/fiche readers
- microfilm/fiche reader printer - can print on paper or copy to your USB jump drive (AKA thumb drive or memory stick).
- How to get started.
- Provide research help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources.
Staff Research Specialists
- England research - Scott Snelson - 1st & 4th Saturday shifts
- Spanish translation - TBD
- South American research - TBD
- African American research - TBD
- German research - TBD
Non-Staff Research Specialists
Resources in the Local Area
National Archives Southwest Region
501 W. Felix St., Bldg. 1,
Fort Worth, Texas 76115-3405
Dallas Public Library
J. Erik Jonsson Central Library
1515 Young Street
Dallas, Texas (214) 670-1433 or (214) 670-143
Arlington Public Library
101 E. Abram St.
Arlington, Texas (817) 459-6913
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback