Aroostook County, Maine GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Aroostook County County
144 Swenden Street
Caribou, ME 04736
County Clerk has divorce and court records from 1839.
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records.
Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
Places / Localities[[Image:
]] Cities and Towns
- Caribou (City)
- Presque Isle (City)
- Castle Hill
- Dyer Brook
- Eagle Lake
- Fort Fairfield
- Fort Kent
- Grand Isle
- Island Falls
- Mars Hill
- New Canada
- New Limerick
- New Sweden
- Portage Lake
- Saint Agatha
- Saint Francis
- Van Buren
Plantations: Cary | Cyr Plantation | Garfield Plantation | Glenwood | Macwahoc | Moro | Nashville Plantation | Oxbow | Reed Plantation (aka Wytopitlock) | Saint John Plantation | Winterville Plantation. For further details see Maine plantations.
Unorganized territories In each territory: listed eastside first going south, then working to the west. (WELS = West of the Easterly Line of the State). For further details see Maine townships.
Village • Crouseville
Extinct or unincorporated towns • Benedicta • Connor • Maysville • Silver Ridge Plantation.
Fairmont Cemetery : Located south of Presque Isle, Aroostook County, Maine. Full name searches
Maine Newspaper Archive. Indexes Free; Digital Page Images $ (GenealogyBank $) Twenty-two early Maine 18th and 19th century newspapers, 1785-1898 online. Indexes (free); digital images ($). These newspapers are from Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, Castine, Eastport, Falmouth, Hallowell, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco and Wiscasset.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Aroostook County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Aroostook County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Aroostook County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Aroostook County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Aroostook County, Maine page 304, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 93. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News