Aroostook County, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Aroostook County Maine genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Aroostook County, Maine|
Location in the state of Maine
|Founded||March 16, 1839|
|Address|| Aroostook County Courthouse|
144 Swenden Street
Caribou, ME 04736
Aroostook County Website
County Clerk has divorce and court records from 1839.
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records.
Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
Places / Localities
Cities and Towns
- Caribou (City)
- Castle Hill
- Dyer Brook
- Eagle Lake
- Fort Fairfield
- Fort Kent
- Grand Isle
- Island Falls
- Mars Hill
- New Canada
- New Limerick
- New Sweden
- Portage Lake
- Presque Isle (City)
- Saint Agatha
- Saint Francis
- Van Buren
Plantations: Cary | Cyr Plantation | Garfield Plantation | Glenwood | Macwahoc | Moro | Nashville Plantation | Oxbow | Reed Plantation (aka Wytopitlock) | Saint John Plantation | Winterville Plantation. For further details see Maine plantations.
Unorganized territories In each territory: listed eastside first going south, then working to the west. (WELS = West of the Easterly Line of the State). For further details see Maine townships.
Village • Crouseville
Fairmont Cemetery : Located south of Presque Isle, Aroostook County, Maine. Full name searches
Maine Newspaper Archive. Indexes Free; Digital Page Images $ (GenealogyBank $) Twenty-two early Maine 18th and 19th century newspapers, 1785-1898 online. Indexes (free); digital images ($). These newspapers are from Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, Castine, Eastport, Falmouth, Hallowell, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco and Wiscasset.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Aroostook County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Aroostook County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Aroostook County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Aroostook County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Aroostook County, Maine page 304, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 93. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback